Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin would be in favour of a move to Arsenal, according to reports.
The 24-year-old enjoyed a stellar season in 2020/21. He scored 16 goals from his 33 appearances in the Premier League.
Calvert-Lewin netted in Everton’s first three league games this season. But he was then on the sidelines for several months as he suffered a fractured toe.
The Englishman recently returned to full fitness and Everton boss Rafael Benitez believes his recovery is a “massive” boost:
“He’s a massive signing for us in the second part of the league,” Benitez said.
“Last year the top scorers of this team we’re not playing this year so, if we bring him back and a few weeks later Richarlison, we have more options there, we can think of the second part totally different.
He added: “We are considering all of these things but he is training really well and he is really happy because he is with the team and is ready to play and score goals.”
The Sun are reporting that Calvert-Lewin is a “leading target” for Arsenal.
The report adds that the player “would not need persuading” regarding a switch to the Gunners. Everton reportedly value their talisman at around £60m.
“Arsenal have been linked with Dominic Calvert-Lewin which would be a good signing for them,” Barnes said.
“He’s young, English, shows good commitment and effort. But he is currently an Everton player and right now, he won’t want to leave there.
“The Everton fans love him, he’s doing well there, and he needs to show that level of consistency for club and country before he can think about moving to one of the bigger clubs.
“Realistically he hasn’t done a lot for Everton to even talk about him warranting a move. However, if he was to go to Arsenal, it would be a brilliant signing for both parties, especially Arsenal.”
Mikel Arteta’s side travel to face Nottm Forest in the FA Cup third-round on Saturday evening. Everton meanwhile face Hull City.
The post £60m rated Prem star ‘would not need persuading’ to join Arsenal appeared first on Football365.